Pacific Coast Lodge and Backpackers Awards
Pacific Coast Lodge have received numerous awards, take a look at some of our achievements to date:
- 2021 Trip Advisor traveller’s choice award
- 2020 Trip Advisor traveller’s choice award, Resource Wise Silver sustainability award
- 2019 Winner of the Adventure Tourism Award “Best accommodation in NZ” in Gold Coast
- 2019 awarded the Qualmark 4 star Silver Sustainable Tourism Business Award
- 2018 awarded "Certificate of Excellence" by TripAdvisor.
- 2016 and 2017 Winners for the "Best accommodation in NZ" Golden Backpack Award in Gold Coast
- 2016 and 2017 Winners of the Tauranga Westpac Tourism and Hospitality Award.
- 2014, 2015 and 2017 Certificate of Excellence Trip Advisor.
- 2015 Finalist of the "Best accommodation in NZ" Golden Backpack Award in Sydney
- 2014 Winner of the "Best accommodation in NZ" Golden Backpack Award in Sydney.
The prestigious Adventure Tourism awards were held in the Gold Coast. The Adventure Tourism sector is a vital part of the Australian and New Zealand tourism offering. These awards are made extra special with the inclusion of 30% consumer voting and the expert individual judging panel weighted evenly for the remaining 70% of final scoring.
The TNT annual awards showcase the best in the adventure and backpacking sector across Australia and New Zealand and reward those who work the hardest at making backpacking special.
These awards recognise the Bay of Plenty's appeal for Free Independent Travellers from around the world, and puts the Bay’s on the map alongside some of New Zealand’s best destinations!
Sarah and Matt have worked hard to build Pacific Coast Lodge into a leading accommodation and tourism business for the Bay of Plenty region.
Judges for Westpac Tauranga Business Awards commented that Pacific Coast Lodge & Backpackers stood out from the other finalists by demonstrating a level of excellence across all areas.
“Sarah Meadows and Matt Young operate a successful business model based on a deep understanding of and delivery to their two diverse customer groups: Backpackers and School and Sporting Groups,” explained the judges.
Young believes this award shows that they now have their formula right, “We’ve got great staff who understand how the business works, and we've got a great culture not just in the hostel but within the team - everyone is aligned together.”
The judges agreed, “Guided by a clear vision, with the support of strong processes and systems this business holds leading market share and delivers to its stakeholders.”